Why study Latin?Highlands Latin School would like to congratulate 24% (5 of the 21) of the HLS Class of 2019 for being recognized by the National Merit Scholarship Corporation for their performance on the 2017 PSAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test.Congratulations to Kate Burnett for being named a National Merit Semifinalist and to Grace Burnett, Davis Henderson, Rachel McGraw, and Carl Yoder for being recognized as Commended Students.According to a press release, the nationwide pool of Semifinalists represents the top 1% of test takers. Commended Students are named based on a nationally applied Selection Index score; they are honored for scoring in the top 3%, just below the level required to be named Semifinalists in their respective states.Over the last decade, Highlands Latin has maintained the highest percentage of National Merit Semifinalists and Commended Students in Louisville, Kentucky.
- 20% of 2018 Seniors recognized as National Merit Semifinalists/Commended
- 36% of 2017 Seniors recognized as National Merit Semifinalists/Commended
Curious to know more about Highlands Latin School and the difference of a classical, Christian education? Join us for an information Open House on Sunday, October 28. HLS is an excellent choice for students and families who enjoy the challenge of learning.
Meet our teachers. Tour our classrooms. View our award-winning curriculum.
- Crescent Hill Campus (K-8): 2800 Frankfort Ave., Louisville, KY 40206 – 1:00-3:00 p.m.
- Short presentation beginning at 1:15 p.m.
- Spring Meadows Campus (K-12): 10901 Shelbyville Rd., Louisville, KY 40243 – 3:00-5:00 p.m.
- Short presentation beginning at 3:15 p.m.
The National Merit Scholarship program is the most prestigious national academic award for high school seniors. Across the country, only 1% of college-bound seniors are recognized as semifinalists and less than 3% are recognized as commended students.